Monday, June 09, 2008


CAMP, CAMP, CAMPITY CAMP!

I just got back from Church camp -WWJD (What would Jesus do?)

CAMP WAS DA BOMB! :D :D :D

I was in Group 5 (St Jerome), with Andre, Juliana and Nicholas as our facils.

We say BURN!
It's hot in here.
There must be some Group 5 in the atmosphere
[x2]

We had loads of talks over the 3 days. We also had loads of fun games and stuff.

DAY ONE

Sexuality talk
We learnt how couples get together? First is eye to person, then eye to eye then voice to voice and it ends up with sexual intercourse. Aunty Debra was telling us it feels good. Hahaha! It was quite interesting la, in a way. I'm not sick.

LUNCH!

We had Praise and Worship by Zion's Joy. It was really nice :D

Addiction/temptation talk
Ways to not give into temptation. This talk was really really helpful because after that, some girl Amanda, came to talk to us about life in RTC.

They make you strip when you go out of the cell, you only get 12 pads a month (if you not enough too bad), one roll of toilet paper a month, parents visit you twice a month, cannot sing (?!) etc.

We then had games in the hall. Julienne has lung power man!

Bathing afterwards wasn't that bad, cause all the girls squeezed into the male toilet. The SMARTER girls. including myslef, just strolled into the female toilet and started bathing. Something unmentionable happened.

DINNER!

DISCUSSED FOR SKIT!

CAMPFIRE (with glowsticks!)
It was darn pretty, esp when they switched off all the lights :D We did our skit! Hahaha. I have awesome mike-holding skills. Julienne is now an 'Oh my God!' pro and Nicholas is pro at 'ting'-ing now. We also sang loads of campfire songs AND CHEER BATTLE between the guys and girls.

After, it was time for Rosary (Luminous Mystery). I felt very holy.

BEDTIME. I slept beside Vanessa and above Maria and Mabel (?)! Oh did I mention that the room was AIR-CONDITIONED? :D :D Woke up at weird times of the night.

DAY TWO

Woke up at 0630.

Surprise breakfast!
We were given ham, cheese, bread and cucumbers and were asked to make 'the best breakfast ever' for ourselves. I didn't put margarine in mine and it was PERFECT. THEN, they told us to switch tables with another group and so we had to eat the sandwiches they made! Like eww. Who knows if they washed their hands or not?! But I had to eat. So I shared half the sandwich with Julienne.

'Who is that Man, Jesus?' talk

Prayer talk
It was fun, kinda. We sat in a circle and did thanksgiving and stuff :D

MASS at 1100.

LUNCH! Pineapple riceee.

Praise and Worship!
"Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord!"

Sacraments talk
[is this the Father Luke one? I forgot D:]

Relating to parents talk
Oh this one was GOOOD. Charlene's story is really interesting. If I'm not wrong, she was from St Nicks, grey tag.

GAMESSSSS!
We started with the photo game. I realised that I don't know the church very well. -> Sponge game? I kept missing the spongey. But we got loads of water. ->Flour game D:<> Blindfold shoe game. I got very wet. The girl sprinkled a lot of water on my head la! Hahaha. -> Rubber band game. Alexine kept laughing then the rubber band kept dropping. Corrinne on the other hand, was so calm and collected. Julienne had to pass to two guys. -> Hamburger game. I was cheese and veggie :D -> Hulahoop game. Mackie was so light! -> Catepillar game (supposedly). Andre came up with an awesome idea. Instead of walking, we hopped! And we were the fastest group :D :D

BATH! Vanessa and I were the first to reach the toilets :D When I was in the cubicle, I realised I forgot to bring towel. And my clothes were already off and there were people waiting outside. So Van so graciously lent me her towel :D

DINNER! Western eh. But the chicken broke my spoon D:

Then we sang some songs before the pray over. They made us write a personal letter to God too. For the pray over, two people stand over you and pray over you in tongues, asking the holy spirit to heal you. Father Luke and some ZJ guy prayed over me. I suddenly started shaking a little while kneeling, for no reason. Then when they were done, I started crying like no one's business. Someone gave me a tissue and I continued crying and crying. I don't know why. I just felt very relieved all of a sudden.

Andre brought us to the fish pond at the carpark. We wanted to go into the chapel but it was locked. We talked about what we have just been through. I learnt a lot.

Went back to wait for lights out at 2300. I wrote warm fuzzies for loads of people :D But I couldn't finish in time D:

Slept next to Van again. Talked about random things. Teased her about.. K.. :D

DAY THREE (today)

Woke up at 6 to finish my warm fuzzies.

When everyone else woke up and have changed, the girls were asked to go to the Prayer Hall. We got scolded. Ok, not really scolded, but told off. Because some girls left their pads around. (Not me ok! I'm clean. And my thing ended on friday.) Groups 5 & 6 were in charge of cleaning second-floor toilets.

Julienne is pro. She's so darn brave! I shan't write about it here because it's really gross, what she took out. Pam and I picked hair up with loads of toilet paper from the male toilet.

PRATA FOR BREAKFAST! It was sooo oily. But goood :D BUT THEN, just as I was about to really get into it, I saw this short curly hair on the prata. I screamed. What the hell??!?! HAIR! Andre just took my prata off my plate, took the hair off and offered me another prata. "Check and see if have hair first!" Hahah. Then he ate my hair prata. "Don't waste food what!" Goodness.

Discipleship talk
I had paper for beans. I didn't lose Faith :D

AREA CLEANING! Third-floor toilet. Did my hair-picking stunt again.

Accepting challenges thing. Egg drop! Reminded me of Sputnik Camp :D :D

Marcus is a sport. He actually said what I told him to:

It's sexy.
It's hot.
It's everything you're not.
This is eggcellent.
And it will NOT break.
[catwalk with butt shake]

Well, the egg did break D: But the yolk didn't come out! So we got 3rd for it. Yayyy.

Then we cleaned up, evaluated the camp and took group picture.

PRIZE PRESENTATION!

2nd runner up goes to.. ST JEROME! Screammmm.

The prize was $5 Macs voucher and some oreos.

It was time to go D: D: D: D:

Walked out with Emily.

I MISS CAMP SO BADLY! AW.

Ok, here's my favourite warm fuzzy:

[Dear Valencia,
Thank you for being a good friend. Try to be less sensitve to hair in your prata. You must know that it is only a hair it is not going to kill you. Just take the hair out and eat the prata. You are a nice person. So keep it up!

It was nice to know you!

Nicholas Cheong, Group 5.]

SO CUTE RIGHT! Hahahah.

Favourite sentence of the camp:
"I am NOT CHARITY!"

Not my fault Jason called me Charity right. Hahaha. I turned around and shrieked at him. Hahah. He's nice. I did Shalom with him twice :D

CAMP CAMP CAMP.

I WANT PICTURES.


3:26 PM she's got style

welcome ;
welcome to icedmocha--.blogspot.com :D

I LOVE B&J'S

hits
the one & only ;
My name is Valencia Phua Leryee. I am an oreo cookie! I was born on the 12th of February and am 16 this year. I am from CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls' School, a red-houser. I am in Secondary 4 Unity. Choir is my CCA; I love to sing :D I am currently in Soprano 1.
oblivion_gal@hotmail.com
she's got style

spread the love <3 ;
I love God.
I love my friends.
I love my classmates.
In short, I love everything and everybody.

stop the hatred ;
I do not like liars, backbiters, flirts and people who pretend to be someone they're not (basically, freaks).

do wishes come true ?
I want to grow taller!
I want to be richer (heh heh)!
I want to overcome my fears.

tagboard ;
gossip Tag here before leaving!(:

daily clicks ;
I got no friends. So why don't you click there instead? :D CLICK HERE!

archives ;
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009

credits ;
designer | kathleen
image | vikifolki